Permissions we request in Facebook and why
- Permission to access your basic information: Praybook uses this to see your name, profile picture, friends list and basic information to carry out the basic functions of Praybook.
- Access your profile information: This helps make your Praybook page most relevant to you.
- Permission to send you email: This is to keep you informed of any changes or updates to Praybook that you need to know about. It also allows Praybook to email you with special features like notifying you when your friends become Praybook members or alerting you to urgent prayer needs from your friends. You may choose which emails you wish to receive. You are in control. Just go to the “Change Notifications” under the Account tab to choose what you will receive. You even have the option to have your prayer list emailed to you each day if you like but again it is your choice, you are in control.
- Access your contact information: Praybook uses this for your email address to be able to notify you - see above.
- Post to Facebook as you: After you pray for someone, you have the ability to notify that person that you have prayed for them. You are in control and can choose to notify your friend or not but Praybook needs this permission to make that notification happen if you choose to notify. Praybook will not notify or post under your name without you making the choice to post. You are in control of what is posted, Praybook simply delivers the post to Facebook for you.
- Access my data anytime: This allows Praybook to stay up to date and efficient. It is necessary to keep the Praybook network flowing smoothly.